Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Blog Reading.

Usually, I don't ramble on about what I do when I have time to sit around on the internet and surf. But I have to give a shout-out to two blogs that have really sucked me in lately.

The first is Humid Haney Rants, otherwise known as "Angry, but in a good way," on my list of fave links to the left. I found his blog by accident twice. Once after I visited "Flood and Loathing," (which is annother New Orleans blog that I love, but I have to say that Dale doesn't post very often, so I can catch up reading that once a month), and once following a link on a sticker that I saw in a free mag when we were in the Big Easy. It was destiny that I would find him and read and become enthralled. Haney! Good lord, he posts about everything, from politics local and national, to TV, to design and art and music, his friends, recipes, whatever. I am really enjoying reading his ramblings, and yes, he IS angry in a good way, dammit.

I found another blog today, Mrs. Morrison's Hotel, recently begun and written by Patricia Kennealy Morrison. Who? Just go and read it. She is immediately engrossing. I am loving her take on NYC life and life in general. I have to say, I read her book about Jim Morrison in 1995 or thereabouts, and I loved it. I had forgotten about that until I found her blog by surfing around--you guessed it--Wikipedia. I don't know what else to say about her, except that she's a totally in-the-now writer and I feel like I'm sitting and talking with her when I read her, and that's always a good sign. Her polemics on religion are particularly excellent, as are her observations on impolite New Yawkers that stand in the way on sidewalks. I found myself laughing out loud about a dozen times this afternoon, and when I read all there was to read, it was evening. She also chose the same blogspot template that I have, and she has a Whitman quote as well. Outstanding! We're on the same page in so many ways.

I usually don't do this (talk about my web reading) but I've been reading these writers and smiling--and laughing, too! And if anyone is reading me and smiling, perhaps I can spread the joy by sharing my finds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home