Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Hastert knew--chose to sit on ass instead

GOP leaders knew of Foley e-mail in '05 - Yahoo! News

This story is so gross I don't know where to begin. I can say with absolute certainty that, if a co-worker of mine sent "overly-friendly" messages to an underage volunteer, I would try my best to get rid of him. Why didn't Hastert do anything? What on earth justified keeping this guy in congress for another year before this story broke? What, exactly, makes "overly-friendly" any less disgusting than "overtly sexual" for crying out loud?

NOw Mr. Foley has checked into an alcohol treatment program hoping that that action will be some sort of Mel-Gibson-redemption-get-out-of-jail-free move. I can smell the Christian right screaming "thank you Jesus for your forgiveness" almost as I type this. The GOP's next move?

Saying that "overly friendly" emails to underage boys was not worth worrying about, so they left Foley alone. Pigs. Vile rude pigs...(thanks to Elton John).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home