Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Endings.

My uncle is a Pearl Harbor survivor. This weekend, he is at a reunion of Pearl Harbor survivors, where he will visit the ship he was on that morning in 1941. This is the last reunion of survivors that were on the Algiers, a Navy firefighting vessel. Not too many survivors are left at this point, so this is the last year. AND...they get to walk the decks of the old girl one more time.

------

This is also our last night in Escalante, Utah. It has been a wild ride. We are celebrating with some friends, having dinner. Then we'll go to a more loose gathering at a friend's restaurant later on. We are very tired. We have lived in a rental since last week, staying to train the new owners in running a gear store. This whole selling/moving/training ordeal has aged me a year, easily. Maybe more. Tomorrow, we will drive to New Orleans. We should be there by Monday night.

So today was a day for endings in many ways. It's hard to believe that this is the last night here in the little valley...well dinner's on the table. I must away. I guess I'll get to writing on the road. Being this stressed has limited my energy and creativity, no doubt. Now, hopefully, I can begin to normalize.

More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home