Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

France sucks lately.

JOHNNY DEPP CAN'T STAY IN RIOT-RAVAGED FRANCE

Poor Johnny Depp. He seems genuinely distraught by all the civil unrest in his dear, beloved, "simple" French countryside. Says Depp:

"I went there (to France) to live because it seemed so simple. Now it's anything but. I don't know how they'll recover from this."


I don't know, but Goodland, Kansas seems like a pretty "simple" place; where I live is pretty "simple" if you just live here and don't run a business or aren't on city council or are involved in anything. I cannot imagine by any stretch of the imagination that France is "simple."

I was talking to an English friend about the French rioting, and he said he would not be surprised if the riots spread to other countries in Europe. He says immigrants and people that aren't white, in general, are discriminated against constantly in European countries. And in France, they are just fed up. With unemployment so high there really isn't anything else to do, and certainly nothing for disenfranchised folks to lose, by setting a bunch of cars on fire, causing trouble, and beating people up.

I just hope France can settle their problems before Johnny Depp jumps ship...what a tragedy that would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home