Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Bush called for Jury Duty

Bush Called for Jury Duty in Texas

This is about the only story I felt like commenting on today--that and the Australian drug smuggler that was hanged (Citizens of Singapore are not welcome in our store. We support a boycott of Singapore. We stand with Australia on this). But that was too depressing and I am already in a crummy winter day kind of funk, so...

State District Judge Ralph Strother told the Waco Tribune-Herald he expected to get a response about the summons but didn't expect Bush to report for duty. "Running the country...especially in wartime, takes priority over jury service."

Jury duty would be an extreme hardship on the president. Just look at what great leadership we've seen from the administration over the last year especially. Lord knows the president doesn't need another thing on his plate. I'm thinking that the Weekly World News article about the West Wing becoming the Arrest Wing might dovetail with this story somehow, but I'll have to think about that a little bit longer.

I wonder what kind of case it was, the jury duty case Bush will miss. Hm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home