Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Monday, December 05, 2005

The Emperor has no clothes

U.S. gets low grades on anti-terror: Bloomberg.com

I just don't know what else to add to this headline, let alone the story. I simply cannot believe that after everything we went through that horrible day, that nothing has really improved as far as homeland security is concerned. And, we now have the largest expansion of government since FDR, the Homeland Security Department, and apparently nothing to show for it. The recent hurricane season vividly illustrated the department's shortcomings.

On the 41 recommendations the commissioners made in their final report last year, government agencies received five "F's," ten "D's" and two "incompletes," with a "scandalous" lack of progress in risk-based allocation of homeland-security money, upgrading emergency communication systems and preventing the spread of weapons of mass destruction.

Where is the outrage? All that tax money, and for what? We can't even keep illegal aliens from crossing the borders, let alone help our own citizens during their time of need in natural crises. What exactly is this administration doing? I am sorry to say it, but it looks to me like a whole bunch of independent contractors and old business buddies are making a killing on government contracts for all of this, and the American people are not any safer. I am no liberal, but the whole good-buddy-making-money thing is pretty clear and I for one am appalled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home