Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

The house I love.


Ok...here is the picture of that spooky house that I love.

We are starting to get this city sort of figured out. Things aren't quite back to normal yet. For instance, restaurants close early. Really early. So you need to go get your coffee, etc., before 2 or 3 in the afternoon because the little local shops don't stay open any later. There is still a curfew in effect; you must be home or going home by 2 a.m. I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news, but there are NO Starbuck's Coffees open anywere in the city. They are are still closed. All the little local places are open and doing fine, it seems, but with very limited staff. We heard a radio interview with Emeril yesterday; he is just opening his restaurants as of last week. He is only at 50% staff at one, and 30% staff at another. Another restaurant will not be open for a few weeks. So he is only open for dinner, and not even seven days a week.

Well, I have to go. I am at a little local coffee shop that closes at 3 p.m., and it's about that time. Gotta run--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home